igourmet Spanish Mahon Cheese DOP - Pound Cut (15.5 ounce)
Mahon is produced on the island of Menorca in the Balearic Islands, off the coast of Spain. Although it is a small island, Menorca produces enough cheese to make Mahon Spain's second most popular cheese next to Manchego. A 100% cow's milk cheese, Mahon comes in large squares of about six pounds. Ripened in underground caves for at least 60 days, Mahon has a bold, magnificent flavor that could never be called mild. The yellowish-orange rind conceals a soft, slightly salty, and decidedly spicy interior. This unique cheese is a must-try for any cheese lover and an absolute necessity for the true connoisseur.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 7 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
- Ships expedited in an insulated package to ensure freshness
- Imported from Spain
- Made from cow's milk
- Aged for a minimum of 60 days
- Ripened in underground caves to create bold flavors